- Que Crawl - This purple truck parked outside Tip's has been a heaven-sent for concert goers since it's arrival shortly after Katrina. You can't go wrong with the pulled pork sandwich and an order of grit fries, but branch out and try the taquitos or papusas if you are feeling adventurous (i.e., "not sober").
- Camellia Grill - Burger or omelette? Can't decide? Have both. Don't forget the chocolate freeze.
- Mimi's in the Marigny - It's where you go if you wish you were eating tapas on La Rambla in Barcelona.
- Yuki Izakaya - Located on Frenchman in the Marigny, this is a great place to order Japanese small plates if you are with a large group.
- Hoshun - Someone told me that they serve late, but I can't attest to that. But if you have an after midnight craving for raw fish, apparently this is the place to go.
- Clover Grill - This French Quarter landmark has been serving up solid diner food 24/7.
- Bud's Broiler - The one on Clearview that is open 24hrs is, of course, where The Pope likes to hold midnight mass. Nothing like a #4 and an order of cheese fries to end the night.
- Fat Harry's - Or as Legend calls it, "Uncle Larry's." Everyone talks about the cheese fries, but I prefer ordering the quesadillas and then going to...
- Fump & Manny's - For some reason, cheese fries just taste better at 5am.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
After midnight. You just walked out of a concert, are in between bars, or headed home. But you're starving. Whether it be for a late night pick-me-up or sobering sustenance, you need food and not just some beef jerky and a bag of combos from the Circle K. Here are a few places you may want to head to: